Friday, October 23, 2009

poor Stewie

This morning I dropped off Stewie at the vet to be declawed. :( It's something Jordan and I have wanted to do for a while, since Stewie has destroyed the back of our couch, our slip covers, and the corners of our mattress, among other items, with his claws. Plus, now with the arrival of the baby, we just think it was the right time. I wish we would have done it earlier, when he was a kitten, but the vet said that he's still young enough that he'll have a speedy recovery. He meowed the whole way to the vet (which is per his usual, since he HATES being in the car) and it broke my heart to leave him there. :( We get to pick him up tomorrow morning.

Apparently the dogs were really freaked out when Jordan left for work and then I left, with Stewie, a few minutes later. Home alone, they looked for a way to act out their feelings of abandonment by CHEWING.A.TEXTBOOK. As in DESTROYED.A.TEXTBOOK.WITH.THEIR.TEETH. See below. Jordan was thrilled to say the least.
Yesterday, after watching 5 straight episodes of Project Runway (with a nap mixed in there somewhere), my crafty side came out and I made the following projects: a stocking for Baby Z, some booties for Baby Z, and a fleece cover for our Bobby pillow, again for Baby Z.

(The lighting isn't great for this photo, but it's a green stocking with a snowman with brown stick arms wearing a black hat; I ran out of red yarn to finish out the top so I'll have to add that later, along with whatever name we decide on for Baby Z)

Today I might make a hat! Oh, isn't maternity leave wonderful??? I still have no idea when to expect the arrival of our little babe, but we have our next appointment on Wednesday. This weekend Jordan is installing the underground pet fence in our backyard- I offered to help, but now that I can't bend over anymore, I'm not sure of how much use I'll be!

1 comment: