My older sister definitely saw my cute new username, and cleverly figured out that something was up...
This is actually great news because she works for the CDC, so she has the most up-to-date information regarding which vaccines are safe for pregnancy and which aren't, especially since she herself is pregnant right now and is having to investigate all of this for her own sake!
Since I'll be taking the typhoid vaccine this week, we are not cleared to try until at least March 1st at the absolute earliest, since you are supposed to avoid conception for four weeks after taking live attenuated vaccines. But, the antibiotic I was prescribed to treat traveler's diarrhea, should I experience that in Belize, is contraindicated in pregnancy, so either I 1) deal with the diarrhea (um, I think that's doable, considering I did that for 9 MONTHS during/after studying abroad in Bolivia!) or 2) avoid pregnancy until after I get back from Belize. On top of diarrhea do I really want to add morning sickness???
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment